This Policy has been formulated to assist Customers /Website Users to understand how their personal information will be treated by us when they visit the Website or use the Application Service, as our objective is to deliver a seamless experience and quality services to all Customers and Website Users.
Please note that we may amend this Policy from time to time in accordance with the laws of Pakistan, without prior notice. Customers/Website Users are advised to check for any updates to this Policy on a regular basis or as required from time to time.
1. When this Policy applies
This Policy covers the information generated when you use or subscribe to Transworld Home’s products, services, apps, websites or networks to which this Policy is linked (“Products or Services”). They include voice, data, video, entertainment, advertising, internet and other products, services and applications. This Policy also applies to other websites owned or operated by Transworld Home.
This Policy applies to you and anyone who uses our Products or Services under your account, except where we identify for you that separate Transworld Home privacy policies or terms and conditions apply. You are responsible for making sure all users under your account understand and agree to this Policy.
This Policy also applies even if you are not one of our Customers and you interact with us as part of running our business, such as by:
- using one of our Products or Services – paid for by someone else;
- taking part in a survey or trial;
- entering any promotion;
- calling our helpdesk; or
- generally enquiring about our services.
If you need to give us personal information about someone else in relation to our Products and Services, this Policy will also apply.
Depending on the Products or Services, customers may also receive service-specific and/or region-specific terms. Customers will be legally bound by both this Policy and the service/region specific term to the extent that the Customers have accepted them when signing up to a service or product; therefore, Customers are required to read the terms of this Policy carefully.
By using this Website or the Application service, Customers consent to collection, storage, and use of the personal information for any of the services that we offer, and their consent to our collection of any changes or updates that they may provide that is collected by Transworld Home.
2. What Information we collect
We may collect certain non-personal information that your browser sends whenever you visit any of our websites (“Log Data“). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.. This type of information does not identify the customer personally.
We collect information when the customer registers with the Website or Application Service or responds to advertisements or posts on the Website or Application Service, or posts content on the Website without registering. We may also collect personal information that you give to us when you make a purchase, use our services or websites, set up an account or otherwise interact with us or provide information, which includes but is not limited to, your name, father’s name, mother’s name, mailing address, email address, phone/mobile number, home country, occupation, and postal code. Customers have the option and may also provide us with their fax numbers, gender, age, and/or company name if and when they choose to register.
We may also collect your information from outside sources like credit reports, marketing mailing lists, and commercially available geographic and demographic information, along with other available information, such as public posts to social networking sites. We may also collect additional information that our users provide.
For your information “Personal information” is any information that can be used by itself to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a person, or can be used with information available from other sources to uniquely identify an individual. For the purpose of this Policy, sensitive personal data or information is considered as a part of personal information.
4. How we use your information
We use your information to power our services and to improve your experiences. We use your information to provide, support, improve, protect, analyze and bill for our products, service and network; to communicate with you about your service, products or applications; to market our services; to detect and avoid fraud; for advertising; and for research purposes. We may use information we collect from you when you purchase Products or Services from us, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the Website or the Application Service, if you register for an online account with us, download and register on one of our apps or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
- To improve our Website/Application Service in order to better serve you;
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- To ask for ratings and reviews of our Products and Services; and
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
This means we may:
- record details about the Products and Services you use or order from us;
- send you Products or Services -information messages (we may send you messages to confirm your order and tell you about any changes that might affect your service, like when we have infrastructure work planned or need to fix something);
- update you on when we will deliver, connect or install your Products and Services;
- let you create and log in to the online accounts we run;
- charge you and make sure your payment reaches us; and
- give information to someone else (if we need to for the Products or Services you have ordered) or to another communications provider if you are buying some services from them and us (if we do this, we still control your personal information and we have strict controls in place to make sure it is properly protected).
In addition, we use the following information to provide Products and Services and manage your account:
- your contact details and other information to confirm your identity and your communications with us. This includes your name, gender, address, phone number, date of birth, email address, passwords and credentials (such as the security questions and answers we have on your account);
- your payment and financial information;
- your communications with us, including emails, webchats and phone calls. We will also keep records of any settings or communication preferences you choose; and
- information from cookies placed on your connected devices that we need so we can provide a service.
5. How we share your information
We use a third-party credit card processing company for purchases, and other third-party companies to monitor site traffic, which may, in some instances, store customers information.
Transworld Home and its authorized third parties collect, store, process following types of sensitive Personal Information such as password, financial information (details of bank account, credit card, debit card, or other payment instrument details), physiological information for providing our products, services and for use of our website. We may also hold information related to your utilization of our services which may include your call details, your browsing history on our website, location details and additional information provided by you while using our services.
Where we use another organization, we still control your personal information. We have strict controls in place to make sure such information is properly protected.
6. Communications with Customers
In the event customers have provided their phone numbers and posted an advertisement using their account, they impliedly agree to receive communication on the provided phone number from our side which may include but not be limited to automated calls or text messages. The communication may require customers to confirm and verify that their account has been used to post the relevant advertisement on the Website or used to provide services of the Application.
We may also send you any legally required notifications including but not limited to, service-related notices or notices regarding a change to any of our policies. For example, we may send you a notice regarding server problems or scheduled maintenance to the Website. We will not change your preferences without your consent. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional communications from Transworld Home related to your account.
7. Customers Rights
Please find below a non-exclusive list of privacy rights that customers could exercise whilst entrusting us with their information:
- Right to withdraw consent:
Where a Customer has consented for us to use, process, or share their personal information, Customers can withdraw that consent any time, unless the information is required for us to perform our services.
In case you do not provide your information or consent for usage of personal information or later on withdraw your consent for usage of the personal information so collected, Transworld Home reserves the right to not provide the services or to withdraw the services for which the said information was sought.
- Right to access customer’s information
Customers can access and request a copy of the personal information that we hold about them at any time by contacting us or access the information directly through their online account.
- Right to erasure
Customers may request that we erase some of the personal information we hold about them, provided that:
- the information is no longer needed by us and there is no legal requirement on us to retain the information;
- customer object to our profiling of their information, including profiling conducted for direct marketing purposes.; or
- other legal grounds which permit customers to do so.
8. Children’s Privacy
We respect the privacy of your child and we want to share with you our policies regarding children under the age of thirteen (13). Although Users of all ages may navigate through the Website or Application Services, we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under age thirteen (13). If we learn that a child under age thirteen (13) has improperly provided us with information, we will notify the child’s parent or legal guardian and thereafter delete the child’s personal information from our records. If you think that we have inadvertently collected information about someone under the age of 13, please contact us at our UAN no. 111-837-837 (TES-TES) or Register your complaint online on at the complaint form available on our website at:
9. Transworld Home’s Undertaking
- We will process our customers or user’s personal information in accordance with this Policy and all applicable laws.
- We will do our best to remain transparent on how we handle our Customer’s personal information.
- We will only process their personal information for legitimate purposes, and only for as long as it is necessary to achieve those purposes. We will dispose of customer’s personal information safely and securely once it is no longer required, subject to the applicable laws on retention of data.
- We will inform Customers about their privacy rights, respect them and help them to exercise those rights.
- We will make sure that our Customers’ personal information is safe through appropriate security measures.
- We will take steps to ensure that our Customers’ personal information is adequately protected.
- We take adequate steps to ensure that our third parties adopt reasonable level of security practices and procedures to ensure security of personal information.
- When we dispose of your personal information, we use reasonable procedures to erase it or render it unreadable (for example, shredding documents and wiping electronic media).
- We build privacy and data protection into our products and services by design and by default. This means that we prioritize the privacy of our Customers’ data, and we will endeavor to build privacy safeguards in everything we develop.
10. Security Practices
We adopt reasonable security practices and procedures, to include, technical, operational, managerial and physical security controls in order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, or unauthorized disclosure while it is under our control. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
Our security practices and procedures limit access to personal information on need-only basis. Further, our employees are bound by Code of Conduct and Confidentiality Policies which obligate them to protect the confidentiality of personal information.
We maintain the security of our internet connections, however for reasons outside of our control, security risks may still arise. Any personal information transmitted to us or from our online products or services will therefore be your own risk. However, we will strive to ensure the security of your information. We observe reasonable security measures to protect your personal information against hacking and virus dissemination.
We, however, assure you that Transworld Home does not disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties which could lead to invasion of your privacy.
11. Notification of Changes
Any disputes regarding customers privacy are subject to this Policy, including but not limited to any provisions related to indemnification, limitations on damages, and choice of law and forum. We ask you to first submit any such complaints directly to us at:
We may be required to disclose customers’ personal information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. In such circumstances, we reserve the right to disclose users or customers’ personal information as required by law, in order to comply with our legal obligations, including but not limited to complying with court orders, warrants, subpoenas, service of process requirements, or discovery requests. We may also disclose information about our users and/or customers to law enforcement officers or others, in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce this Policy; respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties; or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Transworld Home, our users or the general public. Customers agree and acknowledge that we may not inform them prior to or after disclosures made according to this section.
In the event that Transworld Home is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction. This Policy will apply to your information as transferred to the new entity. We may also disclose your information to our corporate affiliates in order to help provide, understand and improve our Services and our affiliates’ services, including the delivery of advertisements.
Customers agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Transworld Home, its officers, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, directors, officers, agents, service providers, affiliates, suppliers and employees, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, settlements, judgements, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorneys’ fees) whether or not relating to a third party claim, which arises out of or relate to any act or omission of Transworld Home arising from: (i) users/customers use of and access to the Website and/or the Application Service; (ii) users/customers violation of any term of this Policy; (iii) users/customers violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, trade secret or other property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that users/customers content caused damage to a third party. The Customer is solely responsible for proper maintenance of its computer system(s) like installation of Anti-Virus Software, etc., while utilizing Transworld Home services. Any loss incurred by the customer due to his/her own negligence is their own responsibility. Transworld Home will not be held liable for such acts or omissions. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive termination, modification or expiration of this Policy and your use of the Application Service and the Website.